Call for Applications for MQA Discretionary Grants (2021 – 2022): Fifth Window
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) for the mining and minerals sector in terms of the Skills Development Act of 1998.The fifth application window for the MQA Discretionary Grants, for the period 01 April 2021 to 31 March 2022, will open on Monday 29 November 2021 at 08H00. Stakeholders, TVET Colleges, trade unions and federations in the mining and minerals sector are invited to submit their applications for the following projects:
Application forms and grants rules/guidelines:
|Intervention||Who May Apply||Targeted beneficiaries for the Training Intervention|
|Placement of TVET College Learners In Workplaces||TVET College learners who require a workplace exposure programme to graduate from TVET Colleges in and outside of the mining and mineral sector.|
|Unemployed Youth Development Programme||Unemployed youth from mining communities and labour sending areas.|
|Worker Initiated Training||Workers and worker leaders (officials) from the mining and minerals sector unions.|
- TVET and CET College Support Application Form
- Unemployed Youth Development Programmes Application Form
- Worker Initiated Training Intervention Application Form
- Terms and conditions will apply in accordance with the MQA Funding Policy.
- Due to COVID-19 lockdown restrictions, application forms will only be available on the MQA website.
- The application form must be completed in full and duly signed. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application form submitted is correct and completed in full.
|Office||Name||Contact Number||Email address|
|North West||Reokeditswe Tlhapane||014 555 8860||ReokeditsweT@mqa.org.za|
|Eastern Cape||Nandipha Elijar||087 095 0497 / 047 505 1047||NandiphaE@mqa.org.za|
|Free State||Seipati Rapholo||087 095 0266||SeipatiR@mqa.org.za|
|Mpumalanga||Erica Raphotho||013 696 8121 / 8120||EricaR@mqa.org.za|
|Northern Cape||Nkosinathi Mbokane||053 723 0100||NkosinathiM@mqa.org.za|
|Limpopo||Obed Nkoane||087 095 0267||ObedN@mqa.org.za|