The MQA, as delegated by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupation (QCTO), has a responsibility to maintain the quality of assessments throughout the mining and minerals sector. One of the means of doing this is to establish criteria for the certification of competent learners and accredited providers.
- Certificates are issued to learners who have been declared competent against a qualification.
- Statements of attainment are issued to learners who have been declared competent against a skills programme.
- A certificate of accreditation is issued to a provider that has met all the accreditation criteria.
This is to ensure that:
- Certificates and statement of attainments are issued for the purpose and recognition of having achieved and met the required criteria for learners and/or organisations in the sector; and
- Certificates and statement of attainments issued by the MQA are managed and controlled as per the QCTO criteria, internal processes, procedures and requirements of the MQA.
For more information on certification, please contact the QA Unit on:
Telephone : 011 547 2639/41/42/43/44
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org