TVET/CET Colleges Support
PROJECT: TVET/CET COLLEGES SUPPORT PROGRAMME
- TVET College Support: NCV, Level 4 Graduates to achieve artisan status
- A total maximum amount of R 206 290 is payable per learner.
- Employers should be MQA registered and paying levies or be levy exempt as well as employers outside the mining and minerals sector.
- Employer party who will implement WIL must be workplace approved by the relevant SETA.
- The duration of the programme is minimum of three (3) years as per the trade requirements.
- Minimum Stipends must be paid as per the National Minimum Wage Act Number 9 of 2018 for Learners in Learnerships and Apprenticeships.
- A list of all trades supported in this project is found in the MQA’s Funding Policy as reviewed.
- TVET College Lecturers Awarded Bursaries
Funding is provided for TVET lecturers to further studies at a public tertiary institution. Participating lecturers should be permanent employees of the TVET College and be South African citizens.
- CET Learners Funded to Access AET Programmes
Through this project CET colleges are funded to enrol learners on registered AET programmes. A maximum amount of R 10 000 is payable per registered learner at a CET college.
- TVET/ CET College Partnerships (Lecturer exposure Project)
Through this project TVET/CET Lecturers are exposed to industry through skills programmes. A maximum amount of R 108 000 is payable per lecturer. Participating lecturers should permanent employees of the TVET college and be South African citizens.
- TVET College PartnershipsThis project aims at the funding of TVET/CET colleges on interventions that assist in
the growth of TVET/CET colleges to be responsive to Sector needs. These colleges must be registered as public entities with the DHET. Support will be provided in the training following areas:
- TVET/CET colleges management and governance,
- TVET/CET colleges quality of teaching and learning,
- TVET colleges responsiveness to local labour markets, and
- TVET college student support services.