Small Businesses/ Cooperatives Support
PROJECT: SMALL BUSINESS/COOPERATIVES SUPPORT
This project aims to support small business and cooperatives with relevant and required training and or financial support. A maximum of R20 000 is payable per business and or cooperative for training on any of these themes/topics:
- Business planning/goal setting.
- Opportunities for growth and market positioning for SMMEs.
- Practical legal requirements for SMMEs.
- Marketing and sales.
- Financing and funding
- Financial management for growth.
- HR and people management.
- Focusing on the future growth and growing your businesses.
The business must have been registered with CIPC by at least 28 February 2020 and qualify as follows:
- Company must be 100% owned by South African Citizens;
- Employees must be 90% South Africans;
- Priority will be given to businesses owned by Women, Youth and People with Disabilities;
- Be registered and compliant with SARS and UIF;
- Priority also will be given to requests by MMS employers who are supporting SMMEs that conduct business with them. An MQA accredited provider/employer who wishes to participate in this project will contract with the MQA on details relating to the rollout of the project.
- Accredited Training Providers who will be selected through the MQA’s Supply Chain Processes.
SMMEs support will primarily be within mining and labour sending areas. Priority will be offered to those entities that have conducted business with the MQA on any of its discretionary projects. All SMMEs that have provided other goods and services will be supported.
Project Manager: Tommy Boikhutso
T: 073 043 8868