PROJECT: ARTISAN AIDES
Employed and unemployed learners completed Artisan Aides
Employed learners registered on Artisan Learnerships It is a structured, occupationally directed programme that leads to a qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework and is trade related.
Who can access the Artisan Aides?
Employees of mining companies and unemployed learner
NB: Unemployed learners must approach mining companies to be able to access training as the MQA only facilitates and funds the training for mining and minerals sector employers.
Employers (through their MQA Accredited Skills Development Providers) are responsible for registering learners on the MQA Learner Management Information System (I Share System).
Documentation for registration and completion
Skills Agreements and supporting documents such as; certified ID copies, Statement of Results/Certificate.
List of funded trades
- National Certificate: Engineering Maintenance and Repairing for Underground Coal Mining
- National Certificate: Engineering Maintenance: Underground Hard Rock (Metalliferous)
- National Certificate: Engineering Fabrication: Mining and Minerals
- National Certificate: Electro-Mechanics: Mining and Minerals
- National Certificate: Mechanical Engineering: Fitting: Mining and Minerals
- National Certificate: Mechanical Handling: Rigging: Mining and Minerals
- National Certificate: Electrical Engineering: Mining and Minerals
- National Certificate: Measurement, Control and Instrumentation: Mining and Minerals
- National Certificate: Automotive Repair and Maintenance: Mining and Minerals
- Artisan Aide: Diesel Mechanic
- Artisan Aide: Plater Welder
- Artisan Aide: Measurement Control and Instrumentation
- Artisan Aide: Electrical
- Artisan Aide: Rigger Ropesman
- Artisan Aide: Fitting including Machinery
- Generic Engineering Mechanical Aide
Artisan grant amount:
Payment is processed on completion, skills programmes: R 15 000 Qualifications = R 50 000
To include some pictures taken while profiling the artisan learners
Legislation related to learnership implementation
- Workplace Based Learning Programmes Agreement Regulations
- Sectoral Determination Number 5 of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Skills Development Act
- Skills Development Levies Act
- Minimum Wage Act
- Facilitate and support the development and implementation of core sector skills and development programmes aligned to the sector qualifications framework.
- Skills Development Priority 1: Support transformation of the sector through skills development.