Patterson Grade: B2
Total Annual Package R175, 619.13 (TCTC), excluding a possible 20% performance bonus
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) that facilitates skills development training in terms of the Skills Development Act 97 of 1998, under the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). The MQA also supports mine health and safety for the mining and minerals sector in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996, under the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE).
The MQA requires the services of a Regional Office Assistant in the Stakeholder Relations Unit. The position will be based in Mooinooi, North West.
The Regional Office Assistant will provide cleaning, reception and administrative services to the MQA and catering support for meetings. The responsibilities include but will not be limited to the following duties:
- Receive all MQA visitors;
- Screen and direct calls to relevant extensions;
- Record messages accurately;
- Dust, sweep and vacuum office space and boardrooms;
- Empty dustbins regularly;
- Wash floors and glass doors as and when required;
- Clean office equipment;
- Prepare boardrooms for meetings;
- Report any faulty equipment;
- Set out water jugs, glasses and other requested items in meeting rooms when required;
- Arrange the meeting room in a professional and orderly manner;
- Remove and clean items at specified times;
- Set out, remove and clean items as specified during the day;
- Report to the Office Manager when stock of consumables, crockery or cutlery needs to be replenished;
- Sign the register when taking stock from the storeroom; and
- Perform any ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the Office Manager, e.g. preparing, checking or delivering mail, making copies and filing.
- Grade 12.
- 3 years of experience in office cleaning with administrative knowledge.
- Equipment operation;
- Administration; and
- Computer literacy at intermediate level.
- Good communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Be customer focused;
- Be organised; and
- Pay attention to detail.
Closing Date: 27 December 2021 No late applications will be accepted.
Interested candidates should submit their applications which shall consist of a comprehensive curriculum vitae; certified copies of qualifications; and valid proof of identification.
The MQA is an Equal Opportunity Employer; therefore, the filling of the position will be in line with its Employment Equity Plan. Recommended candidates will be expected to undergo vetting processes.
Successful applicant will be required to disclose their financial interest. Should you not hear from the MQA within 4 weeks of the closing date, you must regard your application as unsuccessful.
The MQA reserves the right not to appoint any person for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org