Total Annual Package: R 346, 793.10 (TCTC) excluding a possible 20% performance bonus
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) that facilitates skills development training in terms of the Skills Development Act 97 of 1998, under the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). The MQA also supports mine health and safety for the mining and minerals sector in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996, under the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE).
The MQA requires the services of the following person to fill the above-mentioned position.
The successful candidate will report to the Learning Programmes Specialist.
Key performance Areas
- General administration of learning programmes contracts and grants;
- Maintain the learning programmes learner database;
- Build capacity of users of the MQA database in relation to learning programmes;
- Provide a professional service to the MQA in administering its learning programmes activities;
- Attend to all correspondence related to the learning programmes function;
- Attend to learning programmes queries from stakeholders within the Sector;
- Assist with the verification, monitoring and evaluation of learner records and grants;
- Maintain high levels of customer service;
- Ensure communication and information dissemination to the entire sector;
- Control and maintain an effective document filing and retrieval system;
- Make arrangements for travel and accommodation;
- Organize meetings and undertake all logistical arrangements in this regard;
- Understand and uphold the values of the MQA and team; and
- Perform any other duties delegated by the Learning Programmes Specialist and Unit Manager.
- Minimum NQF Level 6 Qualification;
- National Diploma/Degree in Administration/HR Management/Training/Management/Public Management; and
- Minimum two years’ experience in Administration.
- Good communication and sound interpersonal skills;
- Database administration knowledge;
- Computer proficiency in MS Office packages, including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work with high degree accuracy;
- Person must be a self-starter and have attention to detail;
- Customer orientated individual;
- Knowledge of the mining and minerals sector will be an advantage; and
- An understanding of legislation and developments in respect of education and training will be an added advantage.
Closing Date: 23 December 2021. No late applications will be considered.
Interested candidates should submit their applications which shall consist of a comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of their qualifications and valid proof of identification.
The MQA is an Equal Opportunity Employer; therefore, the filling of the position will be in line with its Employment Equity Plan. Recommended candidates will be expected to undergo a police clearance and qualification verification.
Should you not hear from the MQA within four (4) weeks after the closing date, you must regard your application as unsuccessful.
The MQA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com