The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) for the mining and minerals sector in terms of the Skills Development Act of 1998.
The first application window for Discretionary Grants allocations, for the period 01 April 2022 to 31 March 2023, will open on Monday 22 November 2021 at 08H00.
Employers and other stakeholders in the sector are invited to submit their applications for the following projects:
Artisan RPL Grant Application Form 2022_2023
Artisan Development Grant Application Form 2022-2023
Artisan Aides Grant Application Form 2022-2023
AET Grant Application Form 2022-2023
Candidacy Application Form 2022-2023
FLC Grant Application Form For 2022-2023
MEDP Grant Application Form 2022 - 2023
Learning Material Application Form 2022-2023
Internship Application Form 2022-2023_0
HET Lecturer Support Application Form 2022-2023
Non-Artisan Development (RPL) Grant Application Form 2022-2023
Non-Artisan Development (People with Disabilities) Grant Application Form 2022-2023
Non-Artisan Development (Beneficiation) Grant Application Form 2022-2023
Non-Artisan Development (Core) Grant Application Form 2022-2023
Mine Community Development Application Form 2022-2023
Other MQA Approved Skills Programmes Grant Application Form For 2022-2023
OHS Grant Application Form 2022-2023
TVET and CET College Support Application Form 2022-2023
Small Scale Mining Application Form 2022-2023 (1)
Small Business and Cooperatives Support Application Form 2022-2023
Workplace Coaches Grant Application Form 2022-2023
Work Experience Grant Application Form 2022-2023
Unemployed Youth Development Programmes Application Form 2022-2023_0
NCV Grant Application Form 2022-2023
Worker Initiated Training Intervention Application Form 2022-2023
For Research Partnerships applicants should apply to conduct research for the following Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) topics:
- The extent of 4IR innovation and application and the related impact on occupational profiling on the subsectors within the Mining and Mineral Sector (MMS)
- Skills demand and the nature of supply for the skills required with the changing technology within the different subsectors in the MMS
- Developing the framework for future skills anticipation across all subsectors in the MMs in the light of the emergence of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
Application form for Research Partnerships
Completed application forms must be submitted via e-mail ONLY to email@example.com. Hand delivered application forms including those sent to other email addresses will not be accepted.
Closing date: Completed application forms must be submitted before 00:00 on Friday, 14 January 2022.
- Terms and conditions will apply in accordance with the MQA Funding Policy.
- Application forms will only be available on the MQA website.
- The MQA may call for application for projects, but it is at zthe MQA’s discretion to allocate the grants on these projects.
- The application form must be completed in full and duly signed. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application form submitted is correct and completed in full.
Enquiries: Employers and stakeholders are welcome to contact Ms Khensani Khumalo on 011 547 2600 or at KhensaniK@mqa.org.za if they experience any difficulties or challenges completing the application forms. Alternative contact the MQA regional offices listed below:
014 555 8860
087 095 0497 / 047 505 1047
087 095 0266
013 696 8121 / 8120
053 723 0100
087 095 0267